Friday, 28 November 2014

Tension relieved

Over the last few days I have been doing various little exercises and continuing without glasses (only with pin-hole ones). I feel so much more aware of all the tension in my body related to blurry vision and my posture - it's unbelievable! Luckily, yesterday evening I had an appointment with a chiropractor which is about a year overdue. It is difficult to describe in words the flood of relief that I felt after a 5 minute adjustment - I literally left with tears of joy in my eyes and kept giggling the rest of the evening. It felt like years of tension and pressure in my neck and shoulders simply vanished, and I look forward to continuing with these appointments over the next few weeks. This is a profession for which I feel immense gratitude and could not recommend it more to everyone!

Generally speaking, there are moments when I feel a bit frustrated, especially, with eye charts. It is considered one of the most powerful tools in natural vision improvement, and although I understand the theory behind it, I am struggling to connect with it. It brings back memories from early childhood and having to stare at them in various eye doctors 'offices, always feeling guilty, ashamed and inadequate for not being able to see them with clarity. It makes me feel similarly now - uneasy, uncomfortable, impatient and un-able.  I look forward to transforming this challenge over the next months to come.

One of my favourite parts of my new routine is reading micro-letters (i.e. font size 2 and smaller). I printed one of my most loved books of all times George MacDonald's Phantastes A Faerie Romance for Men and Women and it makes me so happy to be reading it again. It's a nice feeling to know that reading micro fonts is something that my eyes can do exceptionally well. The idea is that the same feeling of relaxation and enjoyment should be learnt when looking into the distance (as opposed to immediately tensing up). I am absolutely loving the fact that I am doing this course!
“Yet I know that good is coming to me—that good is always coming; though few have at all times the simplicity and the courage to believe it.. ” — George MacDonald, Phantastes

No comments:

Post a Comment