Last week wasn’t exactly full of positive highlights in terms of my vision. I was travelling a lot and found moving between airports and train stations without glasses quite stressful. As I am using reduced glasses, putting them on even for brief moments did not really make me feel that much more relaxed.
Things were also quite hectic at work because everyone wanted to finish everything in time for Christmas, so faffing around without glasses or with pinhole glasses just wasn’t really an option the way it is when I work from home. I found the week stressful at times and did not enjoy my vision in the slightest – with or without glasses. Not having them on made me stressed because I couldn’t see things, having the glasses on felt physically straining and left me with red burning eyes at the end of each day.
Not being at home also made me lose track of some of the routines and practices that I would generally follow while at home. I travelled in places with much less sunshine, which meant I stopped doing the sunning exercise and also felt that my vision was less effective in dim light.
Finally, I visited a close friend of mine who recently had a baby, and seeing her caringly watch and observe his tiny scrunched up face made me feel quite resentful and fearful of the imaginary future in which I might not be able to do the same without glasses when we have a baby.
All in all not a great week vision-wise, but I look forward to having more space and time to relax and feel more positive about this over the Christmas break.
Things were also quite hectic at work because everyone wanted to finish everything in time for Christmas, so faffing around without glasses or with pinhole glasses just wasn’t really an option the way it is when I work from home. I found the week stressful at times and did not enjoy my vision in the slightest – with or without glasses. Not having them on made me stressed because I couldn’t see things, having the glasses on felt physically straining and left me with red burning eyes at the end of each day.
Not being at home also made me lose track of some of the routines and practices that I would generally follow while at home. I travelled in places with much less sunshine, which meant I stopped doing the sunning exercise and also felt that my vision was less effective in dim light.
Finally, I visited a close friend of mine who recently had a baby, and seeing her caringly watch and observe his tiny scrunched up face made me feel quite resentful and fearful of the imaginary future in which I might not be able to do the same without glasses when we have a baby.
All in all not a great week vision-wise, but I look forward to having more space and time to relax and feel more positive about this over the Christmas break.
No comments:
Post a Comment